Tuesday, March 4, 2014

ALBONDIGAS SOUP


Last week when we finally experienced our first storm of the season, soup was the first thing I thought to make so I asked my husband what kind of soup he would like.  I was assuming he would ask for Broccoli Cheese and was hoping he would suggest my favorite Chicken Tortilla.  He caught me off guard and wanted Albondigas.  I have never made it before so I immediately said no.  Later, I looked up a few recipes and realized it wasn't as difficult as it initially sounded.  I wanted it to be light and full of vegetable so this is the recipe I came up with.

INGREDIENTS:
1 Onion
2 Celery Sticks
2 Carrots 
1 Yellow Squash
1/4 Green Pepper
Ground Turkey
1/2 Cup Brown Rice
48 oz Chicken Stock 
Cumin

RECIPE:
1. Cook Rice.
2. Cut and saute 1/4 onion until clear, add other veggies and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Combine turkey, rice, 1/4 onion, salt and pepper and roll into meatballs.
5. Drop meatballs into boiled chicken stock one at a time.
6. Turn the heat down and let simmer for half an hour.  Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container {width: 600px; height: auto;text-align:center;margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em;}