Thursday, June 12, 2014

BLT SALAD



When it comes to dinner my husband and I both agree a salad generally won't do the trick.  However, when I found this salad, there were just too many yummy ingredients to pass it up.  So when I finally got around to making it I didn't have all the things the recipe called for so I improvised and I must say this is not only my favorite salad now but probably my favorite meal.  I have now made it for almost everyone in my family and they agree too!

INGREDIENTS:
1 head of romaine
4 pieces cooked bacon
1 avocado
10 cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 cup toasted almonds
2 grilled chicken breasts, cubed
1/3 cup parmesan
1/2 cucumber

Vinaigrette
1/4 cup olive oil
3 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1tsp honey
pepper & salt

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container {width: 600px; height: auto;text-align:center;margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em;}