Tuesday, November 19, 2013

HOLIDAY MEATBALLS


I've never really considered myself a "meat" person.  I think a lot of meals can do without, however, since my husband definitely won't let that happen I have grown to like it more and these meatballs are no exception.  Don't make these unless you are going to throw the healthy eating rules out the window because there is nothing redeeming in these except for their taste.  They are the perfect appetizer to bring for the upcoming holidays!

RECIPE:
2 LBS Jimmy Dean Sausage, uncooked
1 1/2 cups all purpose baking/biscuit mix
16 oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Form into 1 inch balls
3. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet until golden brown

* 1/2 recipe make about 40 meatballs
* I used reduced fat cheese
* Could use less cheese if desired


No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container {width: 600px; height: auto;text-align:center;margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em;}