Wednesday, June 5, 2013

HOW TO: USE COCONUT OIL

coconut oil

A few months ago a friend of ours told us that she started using coconut oil as a face moisturizer.  She told us that it cleared up her skin (although her skin is already pristine) and she would recommend it.  Now I'm not the most adventurous so I immediately thought the idea was ludicrous.  My husband on the other hand is willing to try most things so he bought some coconut oil as soon as he could and started lathering it on his face and what do you know, it worked!  So naturally, I was a little jealous of his beautiful skin and started to do the same. 

No matter what moisturizer you use this is a cheaper alternative.  I only use it at night and I only use enough to keep my face feeling moisturized but not too much that it feels super oily (trust me this can happen).  I still use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning to protect against the sun during the day.  Coconut oil is incredibly versatile.  It can be used for cooking, moisturizing, and a myriad of other things that you can read about here!  

Do you think you would try coconut oil?
*Thanks Steph for the coconut oil recommendation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container {width: 600px; height: auto;text-align:center;margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em;}