Wednesday, June 12, 2013

OK, YUM (CHICKEN GYROS)


We all know that while Pinterest can be very inspiring, most often you don't find many things that you are actually going to do, make or wear.  I usually pin that 27 step cheese dip knowing full well I will never make it, let alone even look at it again.  However, when I found this recipe and it looked fairly easy, I thought I might as well give it a go.  It was so easy and, most importantly, delicious!  Definitely one of those few pins that I will go back to time after time.  Already made it twice in one week good!

RECIPE: 
*when cooking for 2
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, juiced

2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp dried oregano

kosher salt and pepper
1/4 cucumber
lettuce
1/3 red onion
2 pocketless pitas
4 chicken strips
tzatziki 

1. Combine the first 6 ingredients and marinate the chicken for about an hour.
2. Grill the chicken until cooked through.
3. Spray the pitas with light oil and then throw on the grill for about a minute.
4. Cut all the veggies.
5.  Combine everything with tzatziki sauce (you can make but I just bought it!) and EAT!  

*Original recipe found here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container {width: 600px; height: auto;text-align:center;margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em;}