Wednesday, May 15, 2013

TRANSFORMATION








Madewell Top // J.Crew Skirt // J.Crew Bag // Selima Sunglasses // J.Crew & Madewell Rings // J.Crew, Old Navy, F21 Bracelets // via TJMaxx

It's fun to think back sometimes about how my style has evolved over the years... When I was younger, I didn't care about clothes or style.  A lot of people who are into fashion knew they loved it from the time they could pick out their clothes, but that was definitely not me.  I was a dancer growing up but a tomboy at heart so I loved wearing anything that was loose and touched me as little as possible. 

 In high school the theme somewhat continued but it was all about the sweatshirt.  I then started to work for J.Crew and that's where I began caring about clothes and thinking about what I wanted my style to be and wanted to wear.  When I started, I wanted anything and everything colorful and patterned.  After my first year I realized that colors changed so much from season to season and that owning only patterns wasn't practical because I often times didn't care for it much after its first season.  So, I then took the opposite route and tended to wear mainly jeans and a t-shirt (which was most often white).  I added pops of color through my love for shoes and jewelry.

As I've continued on my fashion journey I have circled back to bright colors and bold patterns, realizing that every outfit can't consist of a white top.  It's fun for me to incorporate colors and patterns (trying not overdo it) while keeping my look somewhat classic and easy.  I'm excited for a year or two from now to be able to look back at this post and many others and see how my style has transformed once again.  

How has your style transformed?


No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container {width: 600px; height: auto;text-align:center;margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em;}