Wednesday, May 1, 2013

MIXED UP







J.Crew Chambray - Similar // J.Crew Dress // Sam Edelman Sandals // J.Crew Clutch // J.Crew Bracelet // J.Crew Lipstick - Peony Pink

Years ago I bought this dress for my sisters rehearsal dinner because I just couldn't live without it (Lord knows how many times I've used that line).  Well I didn't end up wearing it because I bought something else that I thought was cooler at the time.  Needless to say when I saw my sister on Sunday night for dinner at my parents house her immediate reaction was "Where are you going afterwards?  A cocktail party?"  She was right I guess, The dress was a little fancy considering I bought it for a wedding event but I don't think items of clothing should be held to such strict standards. 

That's why instead of wearing this dress with a cardigan I put a chambray shirt over it because it creates a more laid back feel than the traditional cardigan would.  I also added the animal print shoes in order to mix some prints and make the silk fabric seem more day appropriate.  My mom also made sure to let me know that she could see my lipstick before she could see me.  Gotta love mom's for their blunt honesty!


No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container {width: 600px; height: auto;text-align:center;margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em;}