Thursday, April 18, 2013

SHORTY'S BELTED








Madewell Dress-Similar // J.Crew Belt // J.Crew Bag // Madewell Jacket // Sam Edelman Sandals // Ray Ban Sunglasses // J.Crew, Madewell, and Old Navy Bracelets

Since I wasn't blessed with long gorgeous stems and  I'm just a shorty (only reaching 5'2 on a good day) I thought I'd share something that has been my saving grace when it comes to making some outfits work.  It's usually with skirts and dresses but a belt always seems to make things fit just slightly better.  With this dress in particular the belt creates a more defined waist making my legs look longer than they actually are.  WOOHOO!  Otherwise, this dress just looks like a potato sack.  I do the same thing with skirts very often in order to define my waist a little better!  So if you're a shorty or you just want to add some interest try a belt!

In case you can't tell (but I know you can) I was having a major fight with the wind during these pics.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

.post-body img, .post-body .tr-caption-container {width: 600px; height: auto;text-align:center;margin-left: 0em; margin-right: 0em;}